I made fruit pizza on Tuesday night and it was a big hit with everyone. The recipe was very easy to follow and didn’t take much time to make. I had originally seen the recipe on Pinterest where it was immediately pinned to my Recipes to Try board. Below is the altered recipe I used for my delicious dessert. If you’d like to use the original recipe, see that here.
This fruit pizza has a sugar cookie crust and is topped with a cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit.
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slightly grease the bottom of a pizza pan. Prepare sugar cookie mix as directed for drop cookies (mine called for 1 stick of butter and 1 egg) and spread evenly on the bottom of pizza pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown around outside of crust. Cool completely.
- As the cookie crust is cooling, wash and prepare fruit. Slice strawberries and kiwis and leave blueberries and raspberries whole. Then, prepare the cream cheese layer by beating the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. Spread onto cooled cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit on top of cream cheese layer in a circle pattern, starting from the outside and working your way inwards.
I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, and raspberries but you can use whatever fruit you have on hand. You could also drizzle white chocolate (or milk or dark) over top too.