The One Who…

Today’s post is simply words.
No pictures of me wearing cute outfits.
No rainbows, unicorns, or sugar-coating.
Instead, it’s just me sharing my feelings with all of you.

Last week was rough for me.
I had to make a few difficult decisions.
And I asked myself questions about the future.
So many questions which I don’t think I have the answers to…

What do I do now?
Is this really what I want?
What will people think of me?
Am I sure I made the right choice?
What if this choice just screwed everything up?
What if I realize this isn’t really what I want to do?
While asking myself all of these questions, I realized something.

I want to be one of those people.
One who knows what they want and how to get it.
One who is confident with the decisions they’ve made.
One who always has the right answers and gives advice.
One who never has to worry about not being good enough.

I want to be one of those people.
One who has their life planned out.
One who always knows what they’re doing.
One who has time to do everything they want to.
One who seems to always have everything together.
One who doesn’t worry about things until they’ve happened.

I want to be one of those people.
One who is happy.
One who is carefree.
One who is confident.
One who is successful.

I want to be one of those people.
One who is all of those things plus more.
But the thing is…I’m NOT one of those people.
I’m simply me.

{This month’s advertisement}

Comments

1. says

I want all those things too…so at least you’re one of those who aren’t alone! :) the “one of those people” you’re talking about don’t exist. plus, can you imagine what it would take to be THAT organized? there’d be no time for anything else ;)

2. says

And YOU are beautiful! This sounds like a post I would write! You are amazing, Miss Danielle. Stand behind your decisions. You make them because that’s what’s good for YOU. I think you’re incredible! Thanks for sharing your heart with us!

3. says

this post spoke right to my heart. sometimes when life throws you a curve ball you don’t know how to react because you are trying so hard to follow your life plan. once you come to realize that people with perfect life plans don’t exist..there really is beauty in the curve ball. XOX

4. says

Sweetie, you ARE perfect the way you are. You are enough!!
    Believe me this is not a question of age or relationship status. All women feel like this in one way or another. Actually I believe all people do feel like this!

I´ve been through a hard time myself and I am still in there. What helped me a lot is watching The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet. I learned a lot from those Ladies (especially Gwyneth Paltrow, Olivia Wilde and Eva Longoria). It´s eye opening!

Other than that. We all have those days. Just so you know :)

Hugs xoxo

5. says

As someone who has been considered one of “those” people, I’ll let you in on a secret. Nobody has it together. We all fall sometimes. We all question things. I know I do all the time. And I love what I do. The future is a scary thing, but sometimes I think you just have to close your eyes, smile, and dive in headfirst. That’s what I think, anyways.

What I’m saying is, don’t lose faith. You are a wonderful person and an inspiration to many. You will figure these things out in time. :)

6. says

I think the first place to start is “are you happy?” Thats always the best question for me to start with when Im making decisions. Which will make ME the happiest! You dont have to be successful to be happy, but your successful if your happy. I know, it’s like talking in circles! And as for those people who “seem to have everything together”, in my experience- they dont. People publicise the things they want you to know and see. I have a little theory that no one has it completely together… ever. We all want something or want to get somewhere, we all struggle, etc. I love your style of writing! It really made me think! Thanks for sharing!

7. says

I too want to be “one of those people” but I’ve found that I’m not and even when I try I can’t but I’m slowly realizing that I just need to be me. :) So just be who you are… no one can be you…only you can so be it and be it to the fullest! :)

8. says

I don’t even think people like that exist. Everyone is just trying to figure things out for themselves. One of the key words was, be like one of those people who SEEM to have it all together. Trust me most of them don’t. If you’re not dealing with heartache, then it’s stress, or insecurity or your period! Whatever it may be you have to create your own path and if things don’t work out you just choose another way. Life is a beautiful adventure and it’s what you make of it for yourself that really matters.

The key is being able to continue on with your head held high and a smile in your heart.

Cheers.

9. says

I *am* one of those people, HOWEVER, here is the thing lovely… Knowing what you want, chasing those goals, making them a reality… Being happy, knowing what needs to be said, or done, being confident… None of those equal never having to make a hard choice. It doesn’t mean you’ll always know just what to do. It doesn’t mean you’ll never make mistakes. Trust me. :) All you can do is follow your heart, your head, your soul and your gut. Listen to all of them and do what you feel is best. Than have no doubt, hold on tight and believe in yourself. :) Everything will work out!