Happy Tuesday everyone! I am so happy to have Leigh Anne, my new Clean & Fit contributor, here today to share a few tips with all of you. Today she is sharing her SIX easy tips to clean up your life. Take it away girl!
Hi friends, I’m Leigh Anne and I blog at Hart to Heart. I’m so glad to be here as a contributor! Over a year ago I began my journey down the road of health and fitness when my husband deployed to Afghanistan for a 10 month tour of duty. I could go into my in-depth story of how I’ve been a dancer my whole life or how I have been blessed miracualsely with the metabolism of a baby, however we can save that for a later date (or you can read about it here)! Today I am here to tell you some simple steps that you can clean up your life.
- Cut the crap: no, seriously cut out the pop, the junk food, and the fast food! I have nothing good to say about pop even in moderation. The things that companies are putting into processed foods these days are horrific. So your best step is to ” cut-it-out” (Full house anyone?).
- Drink up: not the booze, but water! The best key to a healthy lifestyle is drinking plenty of water! My suggestion, invest in a cute water bottle that motivates you to drink plenty of that H2o every day!
- Stop using the “D” word: Diet….ugh. Everyone has a diet– it is what you eat on a daily basis. However it seems like everyone now days is on a “diet”. Fad diets do not work, so stop throwing that word around like a baseball!
- Step away from the scale: Scales are stressful things. My best piece of advice is take one week at a time, and only weigh yourself at the same time of day. Weight fluctuates from morning to evening, so pick a happy medium somewhere between noon and 2pm!
- Find your soulmate workout: Although diet is 80%, exercise is a huge contributor to a healthy lifestyle. The best thing you can do for yourself is find a workout that you love and stick with it! If you need to get some cardio in, and hate running… then don’t run! Try a Zumba class, or spinning! If you need to do some weight training and hate working out alone, then try Crossfit!
- Stop waiting until ‘Monday’: Haven’t we all done it? I’ll start eating right next Monday…. or I’ll workout next Monday and stick with it! Stop procrastinating and start now!