Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Hello again. It’s been awhile since my last blog post and honestly, I hadn’t thought about it much until last month. I have wrote and re-wrote this post many times since and each time decided not to publish it. Well today, I’m finally sharing what I’ve been up to…
In July, I started my new job in healthcare marketing and PR and it’s been crazy! We had an event in September that involved a lot of planning and recently I’ve been busy with our hospital’s food and toy drive. It took me about two months to get used to the Monday-Friday schedule. Having a full time job is totally different than college (obviously) and it was quite an adjustment for me…especially waking up early 🙂 I have finally settled into my job and I absolutely LOVE it! I love the people and organizations I work with and my job covers so many different areas so everyday is different.
Managing this blog while having a full time job has been incredibly difficult. I no longer have the luxury of baking in the afternoon or evening and photographing the next morning. Our spare bedroom gets natural light but only from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. so even on weekends, that is a REALLY narrow window. Plus, I’d rather sleep in and get those few extra hours of sleep on the weekend. This photography issue is the main reason why I haven’t posted anything recently, but I also had writer’s block. Over the past year, my blog evolved from a lifestyle blog into a food-focused blog and I suddenly felt like all the other posts (beauty, travel, home decor, etc.) didn’t belong anymore. I limited myself to recipes and without natural light food doesn’t photograph well, so I have been stuck in a blogging rut.
With that said, I’m not ready to say goodbye to this blogging thing quite yet! I’m going to try my best to post when I can, but it definitely won’t be on a consistent basis. I would recommend that you sign up for my email newsletter and/or follow me on social media to see my new posts.
With all that said, here are my Sephora VIB recommendations. The sale ends today!!
1. iluminage Sleeping Beauty Deluxe Set This is a splurge for me, but I’ve heard great things and I love silk sheets.
2. Drybar Peace on Earth and Good Hair to All Set I need a new hair dryer and the reviews for this one are great, plus it comes with some accessories for only $4 more than the hair dryer alone.
3. Buxom Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Compact I picked this up at the store over the weekend and have it used it twice already! The colors are well pigmented and have just enough shimmer. I created a nudes/pink palette with the following shades: Silk Sheets, Champagne Buzz, Gimme Gorgeous, Mink Magnet, Lingerie Lover, and Wild Nights. (See a photo of my compact here)
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup I did ColorIQ at the store over the weekend and was matched with this foundation. It goes on flawlessly and is very lightweight!
5. Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser This is my favorite cleanser and I recently ran out so this is a repurchase.
6. Most Loved Too Faced Set At the store the Sephora employee used Hangover Rx under my foundation and I really liked it. I bought this set so that I have that product and to try some of the other Too Faced products.
7. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment This is my holy grail lip balm. Super moisturizing and the cap screws on so its impossible for it to fall apart in your purse. The untinted is my favorite (Q loves it too!), but I also own a few of the tinted ones.
What did you purchase from the Sephora VIB sale?
Do you have any recommendations for me?