This Cinnamon Peach Sangria is perfect for Summer and is made with an unexpected ingredient – homemade cinnamon simple syrup!
Summertime = sangria time.
In my opinion, sangria is the best beverage ever for three reasons: 1) it’s easy to make, 2) it goes down smooth, and 3) it makes a pitcher big enough to share with your girlfriends. However, there are times when you need just a glass of sangria, not a whole pitcher…and that my friends, is where this recipe comes in handy.
This Cinnamon Peach Sangria is super easy to make (only 4 ingredients!) and will quench your thirst one serving at a time. This sangria is different from others in that it uses an unexpected spiced simple syrup – cinnamon. I never in a million years thought I would put cinnamon in a drink, but here I am.
Cinnamon simple syrup is just water, sugar, and cinnamon boiled together until all the sugar is dissolved. Pour into a mason jar and keep it in the fridge for up to one month. You can use the simple syrup for not only this sangria, but also for my Cinnamon Brown Cow Cocktail, as well as mixing into coffee or iced tea. Simple syrup can also be brushed onto cake layers for added flavor!
- ½ oz. peach schnapps
- 2-3 tsp. homemade cinnamon simple syrup
- 3 oz. white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2-3 frozen peaches
- Lemon-lime soda
- Make homemade cinnamon simple syrup and cool in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Once your cinnamon simple syrup is cooled, slice your peaches and place them in the bottom of your glass. Add peach schnapps and cinnamon simple syrup and stir to combine.
- Top off your glass with lemon-lime soda and enjoy!