Disclaimer: I earn commission on all purchases made through my consultant link.
In the past month or so, I have been seeing Jamberry nail shields all over Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It got me thinking…what’s so special about these nail wraps? I began doing a little research and I was amazed by what I found online.
First of all, let me start by saying that I am AWFUL at painting my nails. I am a Type A person and my perfectionism gets the best of me when I’m painting my nails. If I decide to paint them, I often remove the polish shortly after it dries because it’s too messy for my standards. Last year, I started doing gel nails at the salon because they last longer and my mancurist does a nearly perfect job. However, the $30 expense of getting my nails done every month has gotten to be quite expensive.
Then, came along Jamberry nail shields. One sheet can be used for 2 manicures and 2 pedicures…and you’ll still have a few left over for accent nails! This option is MUCH MUCH cheaper than getting my nails done at the salon. Plus, you don’t have to soak for 3238624691 hours to get glitter polish off…because there is no polish! The gorgeous glitter wrap below is called Gold Sparkle, but there are a ton of other sparkle colors available!
I decided to give them a try and received my first purchase about a week ago. I didn’t want to blog about them until after I had the chance to test them out and give you guys my honest opinion. And the truth is…I LOVE these nail wraps! They don’t take very long to do (about 20 minutes) and you only need a hairdryer to warm them up so that they can adhere to your nails. Super simple!
Okay so here is how I applied my Jamberry nails…
1. Choose a strip that is large enough to fit the width of your big toe. For me, this happened to be the largest size, but for most people you will use the second-to-largest size. Cut the strip in half – use the other half for your other big toe.
2. Heat that wrap using a blowdryer or the Jamberry Mini Heater for 5-10 seconds until soft and flexible. Apply nail wrap to your toenail and apply pressure in the middle first. Then pull each side of the nail wrap tightly and press down onto the nail. Apply lots of pressure!
3. Use a rubber cuticle pusher to go over the nail wrap to make sure it is stuck on there good. You can even blast your wrap with some more heat! HEAT and PRESSURE are the two most important things to ensure that your wraps last up to 3 weeks!
4. Use a nail clipper to cut the access off the top of the wrap. Apply more pressure and blast some more heat to seal the edge. Use the second half of the strip (the one you cut earlier) and follow the same steps to apply it to your other big toe.
5. For your little toes, you will want to take the second-biggest strip and cut it in multiple pieces. You will use this entire strip to do the rest of your toes! I suggest cutting it down the middle vertically (to split in half) and then cut each half into four. Follow the same steps to apply these to your toes! You might have to trim the edges using scissors to get the perfect fit.
TIP: My nails are very curvy but I had no problems with the wraps wrinkling or having bubbles. However, if you come across this problem, I have learned to run a hot pair of tweezers over the nail wrap and use a cuticle pusher to smooth out the wrinkles.
Then yesterday, I followed the same steps to do a manicure using Peek-A-Boo (retiring today!) and a brand NEW design, Sunday Brunch. Isn’t it adorable? I’ll be following up with you guys in a few weeks to show you what they look like then!
The entire application process only took me about 20 minutes and I have enough of the gold sparkle wrap left to do another pedicure, as well as two manicures. Now that’s what I call a bang for your buck! Oh, and did I mention that Jamberry nail wraps are Buy 3, Get 1 FREE?! Yep, all of the designs (except for collegiate) are eligible for this deal ALL OF THE TIME. This is not just a special promotion for August.
I’m normally not a fan of direct selling companies, but Jamberry is doing so many things right! The consultant I worked with was VERY helpful, gave me tips on how to apply them, and answered so many of my questions! I actually fell in love with Jamberry nails so hard that I decided to become a consultant! I have only been a consultant for about a week now but I have already booked 4 parties and sent out many many samples! I have also had 2 fabulous ladies sign on as consultants under me because they fell in love with Jamberry too! I had no idea that this would explode like it has…in just ONE WEEK! (If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Jamberry Nails independent consultant, please email me.)
My sweet sponsor, Tricia, is hosting my Launch Party this week and I would like to invite all of you to join! (Just click the link!) There will be lots of party games and you earn a certain amount of points for each game. The more points you earn, the more times you’re entered into the door prize drawing! Other ways to earn points include: liking a Facebook post, commenting on a Facebook post, and making a purchase via my party. If you want to try Jamberry without spending a penny, be sure to join the party and hopefully you’ll win something!
Okay now on to the giveaway. I am giving away a nail shield (of your choice) to one lucky winner. I am certain that once you try Jamberry for yourself, you will fall in love like I did. Good luck!!
If you would like to host an online Facebook party and earn AMAZING hostess rewards, please email me or book a party through my link. I am currently booking parties for the weeks of September 15th and 22nd.
If you have questions about becoming a consultant, feel free to email me. I had a LOT of questions before I signed up and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. And like I said before, I have had SO MUCH success in just a few short weeks! If you want to have pretty nails and make commission while sharing the Jamberry love, this opportunity is perfect for you.