Do any of you hate doing dishes as much as I do? Like seriously, now that I'm in my own apartment and making my own meals I feel like they just keep piling up! We do have a dishwasher, but then there are so many things that are hand-wash only. For example, all our knives, tupperware containers, and coffee tumblers.
There was a time last week when I looked at the sink full of dishes and thought to myself, "I wouldn't have to do dishes as much if we owned more of them." This was a ridiculous thought since we own 3 of the Corelle 16 piece sets, but it did cross my mind. Our Corelle sets are solid white and although they look stunning, sometimes they can be a little boring. Lately I've been dreaming up some different ways to bring a little bit of color to our dining room table.
Thanks to all of the amazing choices at World Market, I've come up with my dream table setting. This would be so perfect for a small family dinner or a night in with your girlfriends!
1. These mosiac napkins were my inspiration for the whole board. I absolutely love the different shades of green and the mosaic design is so unique!
2. This verde salad plate is the perfect pop of color when sat upon an all-white dinner plate. I also really liked the scalloped edges which gives the plate a little bit of flair.
3. Napkin rings are the perfect accessory, in my opinion. I chose the shiny brass napkin ring to compliment the green and made sure the design was simple enough to match the printed napkins.
4. I am head-over-heels for these green Sophia goblets. I love how they are lighter in color on the bottom than the top, kind of like a gradient. These would be perfect for a nice glass of lemonade or a fruity sangria.
5. The handles of this Danieli flatware set really caught my eye! So intricate and nothing like I've ever seen before. Although they are silver, I think they compliment the gold napkin rings quite well.
6. You can't enjoy that lemonade or sangria without a clear acrylic pitcher, right?
7. Two words...white ramekins. Not many of you know this, but I make a pretty delicious creme brulee so ramekins are a must have for me! I own a set very similar to these.
So now that I've mentioned creme brulee, your mouth is probably watering, right? Well you're in luck! World Market is always running new sweepstakes and contests on their Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook sites. Speaking of...have you entered the World Market Pin-It to win it contest? You totally should!!
You should also enter yourself in their NEW Gourmet Getaway Sweepstakes! This amazing grand prize is perfect for anyone who loves cooking, traveling, or both!! Oh and did I mention there are THREE runner-up prizes too? Here are all the details...
**Grand Prize package includes:
- A trip for two to to Santa Fe, New Mexico (this is a 5 day Trip for 2 to Santa Fe which includes airfare and hotel)
- Hands on Southwestern Cooking class with Master Chef
- Personally signed glossy cookbook
- Multi-course dinner at the acclaimed Geronimo
- Southwestern Foodie Tour with a cultural kick
- A $1,000 World Market gift card
** There will also be 3 runner up prize winners that will each receive a $500 World Market gift card!
**The Gourmet Getaway Sweepstakes runs from August 18, 2012 until September 21, 2012.
**If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.