WIWW: Stripes and Anchors

stripes + cobalt jeans
stripes + cobalt jeans
striped top via Old Navy
stripes + anchor necklace via Lisa Leonard

Top: Old Navy | Jeans: Fortuity | Necklace: Lisa Leonard
Watch: Fossil | Earrings: Target | Boots: Target

I’m am so NOT the kind of person who sets goals for myself. Usually because I hate myself when those said goals aren’t achieved. With that said, one of my goals for this upcoming year is to build more outfits with the clothes I already have and make it a habit to link up every single Wednesday.

I’ve come a long way since my first photo shoot, but I still have a lot of room for improvement. You see, outfit posts aren’t easy for me. I don’t own a fancy DSLR camera or a tripod, but I’ve got a point-and-shoot camera that takes pretty good pictures. However, not having a tripod means that someone actually has to take my photos for me…and that would be my man Q.

But you see, there are just so many things men don’t understand…
The main differences between a cardigan and a sweater.
Why women take hours to do their hair and make-up.
Our love for babies and reality television shows.
The need to know about all celebrity gossip.

Oh…and how to take good outfit photos.

It’s true. I always have this vision in my mind of how I want the photos to turn out. However, it’s nearly impossible to relay that information to a man. When that happens, you get a couple great photos like the ones above. What about the rest? Well, LOTS and lots of outtakes. Enjoy my friends!

Today I’m linking up here

{This month’s advertisement}

Comments

1. says

I have to get my husband to take photos of me and he tries to get all creative, tilting the camera weird and stuff…

2. says

I love the top! Outfit photos are hard! I did my first outfit post last week. Last week I used a tripod to do it myself, but this week I had my husband take the pictures. He’s a good photographer so I think he’ll end up being good at taking the photos for me… but I’m really really struggling with the posing and feeling comfortable in front of the camera.

3. says

Stripes and anchors are two of my favorite things! This is such a fun post! I also have the same trouble with outfit posts (especially for my last blog!) but hopefully that will change soon! These pictures came out great :)

xo, gina

4. says

I’m lucky that my fiance is an architect. Architect = totally design minded and good at photography. When he takes outfit photos he ends up taking so many that I’m like, “Ok! That’s enough! I’m finished!” Meanwhile he’s still snapping photos. Now I just need to work on the part where I get in front of the camera more often. That’s the hardest part for me! Loving your shirt, by the way! :)

5. says

Your shirt is adorable! My hubby used to take my pics and it got too frustrating so I borrowed a tripod from my sister and life is a little easier now.

pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

6. says

I completely understand! I did a post about baby-wearing today and NONE of the photos hubby took I liked! I just had to go with one. But he tried and that’s what counts!
    Love the anchor necklace, BTW.

7. says

I know what you mean. I definitely tend to get more usable shots when I do it myself with tripod & remote than when the boy takes them for me – which seems backwards! But I think you look great here regardless of photographer woes. :)

8. says

what a fabulous outfit girl! the top is super cute! stopping by from the blog hop! your blog is super cute =] cant wait to read more! xo

9. says

Soooo, I definitely own this shirt, and I’ve been having a hard time pairing it with stuff, but I LOVE what you’ve done! I might have to copy it ;)

And I totally know whatcha mean about boys, they’re so silly. My fiance made fun of me for straightening my hair..and then putting a beanie on, like it was completely ridiculous or something! I bought a tripod for my iPhone off of Amazon for $10, it’s pretty useful.. but it’s tiny, so I have to find things to put it on. I’ve become pretty inventive with it, honestly. Which also leads to funny looks by passers-by when I’m strapping a tripod to a tree or my bike.. ha.

Kristina