Disclaimer: This recipe has been sponsored by Wilton as a member of their Sweet Treat Team. However, all opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links.
So, funny story…I spent the weekend shopping for a new microwave because I accidentally had a metal fork on my plate when reheating leftovers. SPARKS FLY EVERYWHERE. Just kidding! Happy April Fool’s! Speaking of April…where has the time gone?
I’m so glad I didn’t blow up my microwave because this popcorn would be impossible to make without it. That would be such a shame because this is the best popcorn I’ve ever. That my friends, is not an April Fool’s joke. I can guarantee that once you make this popcorn mix, you’ll make it again and again. This popcorn mix takes less than 10 minutes to make and it’s delicious to eat! Plus, you can swap out the colored Candy Melts and sprinkles to fit any holiday!
It’s the perfect snack to munch on while watching your favorite movie. It would also make the perfect addition to your child’s Easter basket! The sprinkles I used actually contain little white bunny heads…can you spot them? What kid wouldn’t love that?
Now let’s talk about the real star of this popcorn mix…Marshmallow flavored candy melts. When melted, they turn into an amazing marshmallow flavored chocolate. In addition to using them on popcorn, I’ve also drizzled the Marshmallow candy melts on top of no-bake cookies – a must try! This is a Limited Edition flavor though so be sure to stock up on them before they’re gone!
What is your favorite popcorn mix-in?
Have you ever drizzled Candy Melts on your popcorn?
- 4 c. popped popcorn (I use my Stir Crazy)
- ¼ c. white mini marshmallows
- ¼ c. each of Wilton Candy Melts - Marshmallow (Limited Edition), Pink, & Vibrant Green
- two handfuls of Bunny Mix M&Ms
- Wilton Bunny Mix sprinkles
- Spread popped popcorn onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. (If you don't want to pop your own popcorn, use a bag of pre-popped kettle corn or lightly salted popcorn.) Add mini marshmallows and use your hands to create a flat layer.
- Microwave Marshmallow candy melts in a Wilton disposable decorating bag at 50% power for 1 minute. Melt for another 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted.
- Snip 1-2cm off the end of the bag and slowly drizzle melted chocolate back and forth over popcorn. Sprinkle a few handfuls of M&M's on top while the chocolate is still warm.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with both Pink and Vibrant Green. Shake Wilton Bunny Mix sprinkles over melted chocolate while it is still warm. This will help the sprinkles stick to the popcorn rather than getting lost at the bottom of your bowl 😉
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Gently break popcorn apart. Add a few handfuls to your favorite popcorn bowl and enjoy!